eVentures Africa Fund (eVA Fund) is a venture capital fund that is dedicated to mobilize capital and experience in the Netherlands/Europe to invest in small and medium sized African digital media (internet and mobile) related companies. The target region is sub-Saharan Africa.
For our new office in Nairobi, Kenya we are looking for a FUND MANAGER
ABOUT EVA FUND
eVentures Africa Fund (eVA Fund) is launched in January 2010 by Vincent Kouwenhoven and Brian Hirman. Both founders form the board of directors of eVA Fund and combine years of experience in business development, management consulting, online business, digital marketing and venture capital.
The ultimate goal of eVA Fund is investing capital and knowledge to strengthen small and medium sized internet related enterprises thus securing and creating jobs and income for large African communities and with that, generating attractive financial returns for investors.
Currently eVA Fund has invested in companies like ExplainerDC (Ghana), Umuntu Media (SA), Pesapal (Kenya) and Jumuika (Kenya). More investments are expected on short term. Please check out the eVA Fund website for more information: www.eva-fund.com.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Representation of eVA Fund in sub-Saharan Africa
- Manage the portfolio of investments of eVA Fund
- Report results and management issues of the investments to the board of directors of eVA Fund
- First intake of potential digital media companies to invest in
- Generate new leads (potential digital media companies to invest in)
- Legal Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local law
- Young ambitious professional with academic level / degree
- Digital and mobile savvy
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Good marketing / communication skills
- Financial management experience
- Proactive and entrepreneurial personality
- Good social and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Available as from Q4, 2011
WHAT WE OFFER
An inspiring working atmosphere in an international environment where rapid digital developments, entrepreneurship, professionalism and innovation are combined. We offer a challenging job with a lot of room for individual initiative and development.
E-mail your CV and motivation letter to Brian Hirman before 1 August 2011: email@example.com.